Sessions organized by Medieval Iberian Languages, Literatures and Cultures (LLC) at the 2018 MLA Convention.
- Location: New York City, NY
- Date: 4-7 January 2018
New Currents in Medieval Iberian Studies
- Papers on new works, new methodologies or new critical approaches to Medieval Iberian literature or culture.
- Submit title and abstract of 250-500 words by 15 March 2017.
- Contact: Matthew J. Bailey (email@example.com)
Fearmongering in Medieval Iberia
- Papers explore how false information or prejudicial discourse was employed in Medieval Iberia to incite fear or mistrust against the religious/cultural Other.
- Submit abstract and CV by 1 March 2017.
- Contact: Connie Scarborough (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Medieval States of Insecurity
- Panel explores how insecurity—political and social, real or imagined—affected depictions of the Arab Mediterranean (Iberia, North Africa, Sicily).
- Submit CV and abstract of 300 words max by 15 March 2017.
- Contact: Michelle M. Hamilton (email@example.com) and Michael Allan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Legacy of Ramón Menéndez Pidal
- More details to follow.
- Contact: Steven Hess (email@example.com)
For more information, contact Nadia Altschul (firstname.lastname@example.org), chair of Medieval Iberian LLC.